Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pakistan's Paris Hilton?

Popularity of Mathira underscores Pakistan contradictions - latimes.com

"TV host Mathira Mohammad has been called all that and more. Love her or hate her, she's making waves, as critics in Pakistan accuse her of immorality and supporters laud her willingness to tackle taboo subjects such as sexuality, love and HIV/AIDS.

"A lot of people judge me by what I wear, say I'm not a good woman," she said, loping through the lobby of a five-star hotel in Karachi wearing leopard-skin shoes and a sleeveless Ali Baba outfit, as jaws dropped and necks swiveled. "The clothes aren't anything."

Other celebrities show more cleavage and wear shorter skirts, but don't catch on, said Mathira, as she's universally known. "Whenever I go, the show starts. When I leave, it ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment